Circulator, Air Nozzles

The coolant circulator that has served the metal Drill Press has been connected to the Ron Fu mill as well, with drains from both the table and the catch basin.

The circulator is not very loud, so make sure that it is off when you are finished. Also, for both the Drill Press and Mill, remember to dry any wet surfaces when you are done to keep them from rusting. The magnetic base nozzle should generally live on the circulator itself when not in use, as seen here.

In addition, we now have magnetic base air nozzles that use our shop compressed air to provide cooling and chip clearing.

One is to be shared between the mill and drill press; it should generally live on the mill’s DRO support when not in use. There is a second air nozzle for the lathe but it doesn’t have a dedicated air line yet.

2 Likes

Mill Users: I think that the drain tube to the table should move freely without issue, but do keep an eye on it for a while.

I’ve adjusted the leveling of the mill to lean backward very slightly so that the coolant drains well instead of pooling. It was actually leaning a bit forward before, but I don’t think the change will have any other obvious consequence.