Checkout Classes Request Flow: Suggestion

Hello amazing education team!

I submitted a request for a checkout class a couple of days ago, and I’m sure that whoever would be able to respond to that request has simply not had time to address it. That’s completely understandable; it’s very generous that an all-volunteer organization has even taken on the operational overhead of offering this option, and that the instructors are willing to offer their time out of schedule.

Even though I know this, I’m eager to get to use the machines I want to test out on, and I’m thinking things like, “did the form really work? how long is too long to wait? What’s the etiquette on resubmitting?” I imagine that in general people requesting checkout and private classes are eager to get going asap.

So my suggestion is that it’d be helpful to receive a confirmation email when you submit the form. It would tell you that your submission has been received, what your submission was, and about how long a response might take. If it’s a week, two weeks, whatever, I know to sit tight and I get to be delighted if a particularly responsive instructor gets back to me sooner. It’s also helpful for people requesting multiple checkout/private classes, so they can keep track of which ones they’ve submitted for.

I’d be glad to help implement this if ya’ll agree it’s worth having.

4 Likes

That’s great feedback @eriese, thank you! @mkmiller6 developed this form and can speak more to this.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Those are great ideas.

So we’ve gone ahead and implemented them :smile:.

New submissions will get a confirmation email with the things you mentioned.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat: