Brother SE600 Needle Threader Damaged

Hello! I tried using the Embroidery machine today and wasn’t able to get the needle threader to work. :slightly_frowning_face:

At first it seemed like it needed to be oiled, but upon closer inspection it looks like it’s been damaged. I assume it was probably caused by pulling the left lever down while the needle was down. Being a manual lever, I can see where that could happen. :hammer:

I thought I would adjust the wire/spring (youtube troubleshooting), but then I realized there is additional damage, than just the spring. The back of the threader is bent pretty badly looks kinda smashed.

I was going to grab some pliers from the wood shop and bend things back into place, but I wanted to get approval before trying to fix it. Here are pics of the damage.

1 Like

@jamesfreeman you are listed as the owner…so I wanted to be sure to tag you in this post. :point_up: :point_up_2: :point_up: :point_up_2:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @heymarii - I’ll let James chime in on what he prefers, but I really appreciate you letting us know.

I have been looking at it for a while now…and the spring is not repairable. I am going to see if I can find a new threader and then we can swap it out :blush:

Thanks for reporting @heymarii. Please feel free to swap it out if you find one. Let me know if not.

1 Like

Also, @heymarii - friendly reminder to book your time in skedda

1 Like

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: noted @stepho my bad.

all my time today was reading the manual, troubleshooting, and fixing the embroiderer. Not much actually got done on my side :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
so I will just… :face_with_peeking_eye:
The Simpsons gif. Homer is frozen, standing very still, with a blank expression on his face. He slowly slides himself backwards into a bush to disappear and hide.

Again, thank you so much for your help on maintaining the machines! It’s truly appreciated

2 Likes

Just following up on this thread! (Sorry I was out of the country for a month)
I have the replacement threader! I will try and come in this weekend and replace it.
Thanks for your patience, if you were waiting on it. My apologies.
:thread: :sewing_needle:
:tada: :partying_face:

Marii

2 Likes