Booking Shaper Origin

We finally have a project for the Shaper! Can someone remind me the protocol to book time on the shaper origin?

2 Likes

Whoops, good point! I just added a slot in Skedda for this.

4 Likes

Thanks! Should I book overlapping events for woodshop and shaper?

1 Like

You can just book the Shaper slot. I made a note in that space that woodshop bench usage is included in that booking. If you expect to use woodshop tools concurrently, then it would be a good idea to book both.

3 Likes

@Mollie, check that your Openpath credentials still include the “Co-Working Door”. Today I had to contact @Jon to get the rights added back onto my account. If you can’t get in that door then you can’t get to the Shaper Origin.

Great. I just took the Shaper class and I definitely have a use for it very soon. The instructor said my credentials would be updated but that hasn’t happened yet, so I guess I’ll have to contact @Jon to have that done too.

Should I avoid using the Shaper while a wood shop safety class is going on? I can book the Shaper in Skedda, but I see that all the Woodshop slots are booked with “safety class”. Is the idea there that they’d like everyone to stay out of the general area while a class is happening?

Hey Jesse,

You’re correct that the general idea is to make sure that the woodshop is clear for WSS classes. That’s primarily to make sure that the DC isn’t running and nobody is on the main tools. You’re fine to book the shaper during WSS, just be mindful of the class. Using the shaper on one of the MFT tables off to the side would be a good idea.

3 Likes