Aux Room: Caulk Windows

The windows I installed need to be caulked. There is caulk that I think is still good on the table in the aux room along with a gun and some useful tools of mine, as shown below. The intent is not just to seal, but the caulk provides a bit of cushion between the glass and the frame. The tolerances are smaller than I intended, so getting caulk down in between the frame and glass may take a bit of effort. Both sides of both windows need to be done eventually, but feel free to do just part if you want.

Addendum: This does need to be done eventually, but there is no rush, and nothing else depends upon it.

1 Like

Caulk tube had a cut in it. Had to throw it out. A clear caulk would be best. Can pick some up.

2 Likes

Door and window caulk is usually white, which will match the adjacent border here and match with what we used on the other windows. I have some to spare from personal work that I will bring in. (Not that the color is critical at all.)

I actually found I had an unopened tube, which may be helpful; you can cut a smaller hole to get caulk into the cracks more easily.