Apple Business Registered

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe, getting stuff done also.

I just wanted to update the Org. about ATX Hackerspace being Apple Business registered. I took the liberty in doing that. :slight_smile:

Basically, the location will appear in Apple Maps as an official place of establishment. I’m hoping it’ll bring more attention to those like, I was at one point, curious but couldn’t find the place the first few attempts I made to check the place out.

That is all for now. Looking at the services made available for use. It appears as like, if needed, a business chat service account can be looked into and considered for use. If such a service is ever to be needed. I speak off assumption, don’t take my word for it.

Apple Maps location is pending approval. But as an Organization, that’s already been registered and approved.

If this is more of an inconvenience for a particular reason, please leadership, advise me to handle the removal/reversal of all that.

Thanks! Stay safe and stay hacker busy!

Alejandro

2 Likes

Thank you. That is wonderful.

Speaking of mapping, we are also missing from OpenStreetMap: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/384563744

Alejandro, thanks for your help with this! I appreciate your thought and care in working on getting us registered.

Are you looking to visit or become a member? You can join our “Members2B” group, there are announcements for upcoming orientations (next is Tuesday). I can also direct you to our new Tour video here: https://yo.atxhs.org/t/video-tour-of-atxhs/608

Thanks again :slight_smile:
Kye

Hey Alejandro,

Glad to see you reaching out and certainly sounds like a good thing to get registered with. If any accounts were created to manage the Apple Business registration we will need to get that info saved so it can be passed along leadership to make updates as needed over time.

Side note, if you are the same Alejandro on Meetup, we’ve been trying to get a hold of you so we can regain control of the ATX Hackerspace Meetup account. For many months, this has been misrepresenting information and we need to be able to update it properly. It’s one of a few accounts we’ve been trying to get wrangled back in and set logins up that can be passed as leadership changes so things don’t get scattered and lost over time. If you’re the same Alejandro Fernandez, can you pass over the Organizer role on this account to admin@atxhs.org (here is my member profile on Meetup). Also, if you know anything about who might have control of the current ATX Hackerspace YouTube channel, we’ve been trying to get that one back as well. That one is a bit harder because there is no indication of who owns it individually. Feel free to reach out to board-private@atxhs.org to discuss more.

Thanks
-Valerie

1 Like

@valerie

Please email me when you can. Alejandro.fdgz@gmail.com

I’m available anytime that isn’t 11am - 8pm, Sun to Thurs.

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

I was a member for about 2 months. I kept in contact with Rob mostly. Brought some things I had in mind to him even and, I gave my best effort in trying to get it going.

Due to personal reasons, they didn’t become.

I’m hoping that’s not so much the case, as I’m finding more time and ease with scheduling and sorting things out for myself.

1 Like

Sure @hackr, just emailed you

1 Like

Yup, I see that :slight_smile:. I appreciate the fast response. @valerie

1 Like