Apollo Crashed?

I came in this morning to pick up my print off Apollo, and it looks like the printer itself crashed? The filament roll was empty and the printer was off, and I couldn’t find a way to turn it back on.

Anyone seen this before? Is there a trick to turning the printer back on?

It doesn’t look like anyone else has Apollo booked today - I’ll come back later this afternoon to see if I can get it back up and running, and if not, I’ll just scrap the print. If anyone needs to use Apollo before then (and can get it working), feel free to cancel my print.

When I came in, it was beeping so I took a picture of the control panel.

I assumed it needed a filament change, but it was still on last I saw.

Yes, this looks like filament run-out. Very mysterious that it turned off, though.

There’s a switch on the back right that should allow to you turn it back on

We held three hours of meetings in the multipurpose room this morning and the printer was beeping incessantly. Not knowing any way to stop the noise, seeing that the print wasn’t very far along, and not confident of which filament to add I simply turned the printer off. If there was a better option then I’d be happy to learn what it was … but I chose to address the persistent disruption to discussion.

Sorry that your print time will now be extended a bit.

1 Like

No worries about the print time, sorry for the noise! I didn’t realize that it would be so disruptive if the filament ran out, I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

@eriese Thanks for the note about the switch location! I couldn’t find that when I went in earlier. I’ve turned Apollo back on and cleaned up the print, it seems back to normal now.

I think it can be set to beep once instead of continuously. I’ll make it happen when I’m in in the next day or so

3 Likes