Anyone interested in building a custom closet storage unit?

Overall the design is pretty simple but I do not have the time to build it myself. We designed it using a tool called SimplyNeu. We have a quote from HD but we are wondering if we can possibly get it cheaper, sooner, and/or support a local woodworker vs home depot. Here is what we came up with. PM me if you are interested.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 12.35.40 PM
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 12.38.17 PM
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 12.38.25 PM
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 12.38.35 PM

1 Like

An idea, we used Ikea “Aurdal” closet system to make something of our basic closet.

Here’s one wall and half the back wall. There more on the right side. There was an online design tool where we put in the dimensions of our walls then just dragged over what we wanted. In the end, it tells you all the parts you need for what you’ve designed.

good idea! thanks @kingkeyan I will check it out

Some specs:
This was the cheapest system they had cuz we didn’t really care for aesthetic.

Total was like $550 for our entire closet (then assembled ourselves)

@r1b4z01d, I wondered how this turned out for you? Did you go with HD? I’m in the process of doing something similar for our master bedroom closet. I started with IKEA, but their having major supply chain issue which has block us from continuing so I’m looking into alternatives. @bwatt

@bwatt I ended up finding the time to design and build it from scratch. This was the end product:

1 Like

Bravo! That looks spectacular. It makes me want to make improvements in my own closet

1 Like

@r1b4z01d, wow, double wow, triple wow! This is amazing work. I especially liked the crisp edges and sweet molding around the raised base. Thank you for showing off your work. @bwatt.

1 Like

@stepho & @bwatt Thank you. This was really one of my 1st legit woodworking projects. The drawers almost killed me, but I pulled through. Stepping back and looking at it, I do feel pretty proud. If I was to do it over, I would have used 3/4" instead of 1/2" for the vertical sections. Mainly because the drawers are HUGE. The four big ones are 24"x14"12 of useable space.