[All Claimed] Free to a loving home: Stack o' Leather Scraps

A friend of mine decided that he needed to declutter a bit… to the tune of a near-lifetime supply of assorted leather scraps. I agreed to help facilitate, thinking there’s a decent chance that someone around ASMBLY might have good uses for it.

We currently don’t have climate-controlled storage space for it, so it is sitting in our garage temporarily. So somewhat urgent to find new home(s) for it. Willing to split it up a bit, but much prefer a take-all deal. If it isn’t all claimed here by early next week, I’ll plan to post to the Facebook free-stuff groups.

We’re talking 9 common file boxes, plus 2 larger U-Haul style boxes. Boxes generally sorted by color and/or thickness. Wide variety of stuff here, many sizes and hide types. Photos show a sampling of what’s in a few of the boxes:

1 Like

I’d definitely be interested in some of it.

Also interested in some, willing to split a box with someone or someones

I meant to say: I’m planning to be at the shop on Saturday between 7-10 pm ish. I can load the stash up and have it in my truck there if anyone wants to come grab some.

I’m definitely not suggesting just dropping it off at the shop en masse, as I expect the shop stewards would mass-revolt. :cowboy_hat_face:

We can also arrange pickup at home near Parmer & Lamar if anyone wants to do that.

1 Like

What an awesome stash! Makes me wish we had leatherworking classes and could have a small bit of this on hand for those classes (anyone want to teach it?!).

I pinged a new member who isn’t on Discourse yet about this as well who I believe does leatherwork.

3 Likes

Update on my plan for today: since @tomthm rescheduled his Tarkin session, I slid mine earlier. So I’ll be at the shop today 4-6. If anyone confirms here that they want to meet to look at the leather during that time, I’ll pack it up for sure. Otherwise, maybe.

Again, always negotiable for pickup from my home — my husband and I both work from home, so almost always someone here, just let us know when.

I’m interested but will be teaching a class between 4 and 6:30. I’ll be at the space slightly earlier and later if you if you are.

@jamesfreeman I should be able to arrive at the shop a bit early. 3:45ish?

Sounds Good.

1 Like

me three

1 Like

I am running a bit late because I need to stop at Woodcraft on the way. But should be there a bit before 4.

I am here, with a bunch of leather in the bed of our Chevy Silverado. Backed into a parking spot behind the laser room.

I’m going to start loading stuff in for my Tarkin session, but honestly anyone is welcome to go through stuff in the truck bed and take what you want. I prefer folks take full boxes. Feel free to stop into laser room if you want to discuss.

2 Likes

Update: @jamesfreeman ended up taking a couple of the small boxes, but there’s still plenty to share. I’ll most likely be back at the shop Monday afternoon or evening, so could sync up then. If anyone wants to come pick up directly, DM me here and we can work out details.

Update to the update: I moved my next Tarkin session to Tuesday afternoon 3-6 pm. So I’m happy to bring the leather back to the shop at that point. Anyone want to pick up at that point? @Devmani @beirdo? @jamesfreeman, you mentioned another friend maybe?

I put my phone number in the title of my Skedda booking, so if you sign in there you can see my number to text if you want to coordinate that way.

1 Like

I can be there around 4:30 @J-LoM

1 Like

@Devmani Just confirming that I am here. Working on Tarkin in the laser room, so just let me know when you are here and I’ll unlock the truck.

Hey is there still leather available?

Yes, I still have a few boxes. I think 5 of the file boxes and both big boxes.

I’m definitely wanting to offload these soon, as the weather variations are probably making my garage an increasingly hostile environment for the leather.

Anyway, I’m not currently planning to get back to the shop this weekend, but possibly could work something out. @Sen Would you be willing to stop by our house near Parmer & Lamar?

yeah sure