Abrasive Blaster

Hi All - the abrasive blaster seems OK but media is not coming out of the nozzle. Could a steward check the line to see if there is a clog or if more media needs to be added? Thanks.

hmm. I changed the nozzle a week or so ago. I will have to empty the hopper and see if some debris is clogging the mixing valve.

I came in today to use the blaster at 12:30 and observed the same. It’s my first time using the tool so wasn’t sure whether I was doing something wrong.

Air appeared to be coming from the nozzle but no material.

I briefly checked the feed line yesterday and there was no clog there, so it’s probably in the mixing valve. Unfortunately didn’t have time to empty it and check yesterday.

Also, I left the induction air port on the mixing valve closed when I left, so if anyone else gets to it first, open that back up.

I’m not sure how to do that. Do you think it will be working tomorrow?

Abrasive blaster is working

2 Likes

Thanks, Joe.

I was using the abrasive blaster this weekend. It slowed down and then stopped shooting abrasive. I drained the abrasive and sifted it a bit. I still had some issues. Next step was to use a gloved hand and cover the outlet of the nozzle. Press the foot pedal and back flush the system. It doesn’t get rid of the material that clogged the gun, but it does get you going again.

I’m looking at an effective strainer to sift the abrasive regularity.

1 Like