3D Scanner in Lab?

I recall reading somewhere that the 3D print lab had a 3D scanner, and I can see that it was a proposal consideration in March. Did the lab ever get one? That could be really useful for some of my upcoming projects.

I don’t think we have one, at least not that I’ve heard of. @dash3811 would know for sure.

I’ve never known us to have one or I’d be using the hell outta it with resin printing lol.

We don’t have one, but we should put it on our wishlist - Wish List - Asmbly Wiki

Last research I remember is that getting a good one is really expensive.

Feel free to PM me. I have a few options you could use. What size of item are you trying to scan?

Given the topic, I thought I’d share a little project I’ve worked on: OpenScan.

You can learn details of the project at OpenScan.eu. Basically, it’s an open source project to build a 3D scanner. I built the Raspberry Pi version and you can see a result below. Honestly, I am not proficient with it and have much to learn but it’s up and running as you can see below.

When we can gather again at Asmbly I’d be happy to demo the product. Better still, I’d enjoy partnering with people who know photogammetry and have the complimentary software skills. It takes a village. :blush:

IMG_4935

1 Like

Oh no…this is exactly something I didn’t need to discover…

1 Like