3D modeling on iPad in Shapr3D

If you’re an iPad person and do any 3D modeling, check out Shapr3D. Remarkably full-featured modeling and is insanely fluid and easy to use. You can also export directly to other CAD programs or for 3D printing which is so awesome. I’ve really been loving it for modeling furniture ideas because you can preview in AR to iterate quickly.

2 Likes

Thanks, Travis! I should also mention this is available on Windows and Mac as well.

Seconded! As much as I like parametric modeling, Shapr3D is just so convenient. And the AR features are nifty too

2 Likes

Those look great Adam! The complex curves aren’t always easy to model but your AR preview looks awesome. Also saw that cabinet with the slatted doors in the show-and-tell thread, looks fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks! That one was actually modeled in solid works originally and them imported to Shapr to mess around with. I took this one too which I thought was interesting to see haha.

2 Likes

I actually spoke with Shapr3d about makerspace licenses and it turned out to be a no go as they don’t have anything like that setup for maker spaces, unfortunately. I couldn’t even get a discount from their sales team =(

1 Like