2.75mm or 3.00mm ABS filament

My wife bought several spools of ABS filament. But 2 spools are 2.75mm and 2 are 3.00mm and they won’t fit in my Snapmaker at home. I’m pretty sure they also won’t fit anything at ASMBLY.

Does anybody have a 3D printer that can use these sizes?

It’s too big to use in my weedeater :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any other ideas?

1 Like

The Taz 5 uses 3mm filament, I just got it up and running again.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks. In that case, I’ll probably just donate the filament since I haven’t taken the 3D printer class and since I have my own at home.

Just FYI, If you feel you have intermediate level 3D printing skill/experience and are very familiar with how to use a slicer and set up a print, you can take a “short form” certification with @Devmani which basically just skips over the beginner stuff and instead focuses mainly on makerspace-specific workflow and policy.

I have two printers at home but I like to use the Prusas here for their higher quality finish if I have a print that would benefit from that (most my prints are functional and don’t need to be super pretty) or if my home printers are overloaded/out-of-order.

Thanks for the info on the “short form” class. I’ll take that.

@Devmani I made some updates to Lulzbot TAZ - Asmbly Wiki based on your comments.
I changed the status to active, and I changed the filament to read 1.75-3.00 but I’m not sure if that’s correct. As I noted in my original post, I have some 2.75 filament. Does Taz only use 3.00mm or a range?

only 3mm to my knowledge and what I’ve seen in the manual.

Turns out that I can’t save my edits on that page

Made the change for you! thanks for the headsup to update it

Should read Taz 5 dual Extruder v3, The nozzle size is 0.5mm, The filament size is 3mm, Slicer is Lulzbot Cura, Network addy I’ll have to get back to you it’s like xxx.xxx.x.x:5003 or something.

Late but I made those changes.

I learned something interesting, apparently if you play with extrusion multiplier, you can actually use 1.75mm filament in the TAZ 5 without modification to the extruder according to someone I know who does that regularly.

This is something I want to play with for myself and get the magic number (apparently 200% is his number but that sounds too clean to be true and doesn’t mathematically add up imo), then maybe chat with @Devmani if this is a little trick we want to allow.

Sure go for it and give it a whirl. I don’t use TAZ at all; I’ve been drying out some 3mm filament so others can use it if they want.

The IP address is http://192.168.0.175:5003/

Prob want to slice using CURA Lulzbot edition and then upload it using Octoprint.