Workshop Hand Tools Missing

Does anyone make a drill bit vending machine? A drill bit vending machine would be pretty cool. Maybe even have it refund money if you put bits into it. :man_shrugging: I’m thinking out loud again.

1 Like

kind of. there are vending companies that make custom whatever-machines (I’ve seen examples for bowling stuff and golf stuff) but a custom vending machine would be several thousand dollars up-front expense. It’s not the kind of thing we could lease or pay-per use as far as I’ve been able to find.

There was at one point a hackerspace project to that effect, but the hulk of the machine was eventually scrapped after it went a couple years with no progress.

edit: also Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

I wonder if there is a way to paint the handles of the tools asmbly owns so it’s more obvious what belongs to the shop.

2 Likes

PlastiDip is useful for that. But it ain’t cheap.

You can get it in neon colors.

1 Like

I’ve used wrapped electrical tape and paint pens for good effect. Will wear off, but slowly enough to be worth it. Painting each size a different color is handy. This color scheme gives a rainbow size order, colors the wrench with the most likely hex key, and disambiguates similar metric/US sizes with opposing colors