Vanlife: Trials & Tribulations SIG

On the brighter side the interior of Pete’s truck has been striped down to the metal box, insulated with two inches of foam in the floor and walls and seems quite livable.

4 Likes

What does SIG stand for in this context?

Not sure if I can make it Tuesday - need to take the kiddos trick-or-treating - but my wife and I are planning to move from classes to membership in the next month or so to start work on my 4th layout of our Sprinter van (along with other projects).

I’m working in Fusion360 right now to design the new layout and components, and then the plan is to CNC mostly everything.

-Mike

SIG- Special Interest Group.

All the Sigs Asmbly host are an informal meet up of people with a interest in a topic. Highly recommend them, as people usually share their experiences and wisdom on the subject.

If yall will be doing CNC, I would also recommend the CNC SIG, first Sunday of the month at 9am.

1 Like

Wicked! Thanks for the explanation, and the heads up about the CNC meetup.

(a month and a half later, sorry - took a long time to get this sorted) - say $350 for the distribution box, bracket, AC unit itself, soft-starter capacitor unit and an EasyTouch smart thermostat?

1 Like

I’m tempted to throw an AC on top of the Transit but I need space for solar. I’ll dm you.

I just saw Pete’s setup. He’s been using his panels for a couple weeks now.

Good job!

1 Like

I just wanted throw this out there in case none of you have watched Matt Estlea’s van conversion YouTube channel. He’s a woodworker by training and also has really good woodworking videos.

Here’s a link to his van conversion YouTube channel: