The table saw sled is dead — a new sled arises from the ashes!

Great job Chase, it looks perfect. I love your graphics and the sense of humor using the Smokey Bear logo. Thank you for tackling this for the shop.

3 Likes

Thanks, Chase!

The table saw sled is dead, long live the table saw sled

1 Like

This table saw sled is brought to you by cheezits

2 Likes

THANK YOU for orchestrating the resurrection!

2 Likes

The sled is back. It’s looks a lot like the old sled, and it basically has the same features. However this iteration is made from solid materials, and is expected to weather Asmbly style abuse much better than the previous. As a consequence, it’s a lot heavier. It’s made from Baltic Birch, MDF and Oak.

There’s an adjustable zero clearance table section as well as zero clearance fence inserts. I reused all the old T-track and the stop. I would recommend that we get the Katz Moses stop, as I have one and it fit perfectly on the fence. The fence is much taller and gusseted with a strip of Oak. This is in effort to prevent folks from cutting it in half like the last one.

Carry it by the handles. Not the fence. Being much heavier and with a taller fence puts a large amount of leverage on the fasteners and material holding the fence. Carrying it by the handles should reduce that stress.

@DirtHurt the sooner we have a wall mount for it the sooner I can sleep easy :sunglasses:. I’m concerned that folks will continue to throw it (and all the sleds) around – affecting their squareness and reducing their lifespan.

4 Likes

I have a basic plan in my head, but I might not get to it for a bit because I have to travel for work Monday

I have a plywood offcut I’ll anchor to the drywall, and then I’ll screw into that a “foot” for the weight to bear on, and a little swively wood latch that’ll fit in the handle, which should keep it from falling away from the wall

I’ll put it on the wall above the current disaster that is the sled rack on the right side of the miter station

1 Like

We have FlipToggle anchors in the steward closet (left cabinet, top shelf) when you are ready to hang it on the drywall.

2 Likes

I ordered the KM stop block. It will be in in a week or so.

3 Likes