Power for laser room

The fan area’s going to need 208v though. It could be 2 or as many as 4 outlets, but the sum is under 20A.

Could you elaborate on that need? Eric and I checked all the blowers and didn’t find any that needed 220v. Is there one stashed somewhere you wanted to bring in?

Yep. The newer blowers look to outperform dust collector blower and bounce house blowers. They’ve got more static pressure than I would have guessed. Plus the ones we’ve been using forever are pretty nasty and won’t last forever.

Might actually be a really good dust collector blower, too. As long as the impeller doesn’t ingest debris, which is preventable.

That will be an easy upgrade later, the goal is to get up and running ASAP.

Eric

@EricP So we’re still good with the 120v setup?

I don’t see trying to move and reuse the other machines’ blowers, and we already need 208v, so we do need it in addition to 120v. Otherwise, we can make it work in the short-term by running 208v from one of the outlets in the laser room through the wall gap (totally not kosher) until we have the wiring straight, but at this stage I don’t see why we wouldn’t just use the wiring we need.

What do we have left for breaker slots? This is just retasking the 20A wiring from one of the two circuits to use as 208v and changing the outlet type. If there’s an adjacent breaker slot on the panel that can be used, this is a quick change.

The breaker positions have been finalized, we are not changing them now. the 110 blowers work, we will use them.

Well, we really don’t have all the blowers we need in 120V for this, and any upgrade/expansion will almost certainly be 208v. We need the 208v in the long run (as well as now), so I don’t see why we don’t put the circuit we need in now while we’re on it and avoid more delays or doing odd things to power them.

The 220 power is now in the room, as in the 110s for the blowers. The plugs on pearl may need to be changed out, but otherwise it should be good.

1 Like

Excellent!

Oh, the box in the closet for the 110 power isn’t anchored to the wall, I figured we’ll go find the best placement for it, then someone (including me) can mount it to the wall.

1 Like

if y’all need another set of hands getting this set up just lmk, i’m very interested in learning the nuts and bolts of these machines