Poly Printer and general help

Setting static IP leases on the edgerouter would be the simplest solution.

@Jon Are you sure your router is doing the resolution and not something such as netbios?

I had an internal DNS server setup for these things, it was part of FreeIPA. DNSMasq works too but you’d also need something internal to run it on too.

The 192.168.1.x/24 network only exists because that’s what was already in use. The plan was to migrate it to a 10.x.x x but that never happened. So the internal network infrastructure is already on a 10.x.x.x network and I already have a new subnet for the stuff on the 192.168.1.x network, but again, I never made the change over.

yes, quite sure, unless “nslookup” is doing something other than a DNS lookup. It’s been the default Unifi DNS setup for a while afaik; it “just works” so long as you don’t override the DHCP settings to announce external nameservers. This is with a UDM Pro, but it worked on the old cloud key too. I’m barely acquainted with the edgerouter feature set.

seems the edgerouter can do it too:

I’m not an IT guy so please let me know how to connect to the printers and I will be grateful. thanks. Mark

Erm, back to the original problem:

Did we allocate a static IP/Mac address pair in the UniFi DHCP Server so the RPi’s don’t bounce around?

I can answer that.

No, it hasn’t been done because I have one of the Pi’s in my possession and I haven’t been asked about the mac address.

If someone sends me a list of MAC addresses and what their associated IP address should be I can get that taken care of.
My only concern with enabling dnsmasq is the GUI support. If the next person comes along and the CLI is required to make changes that could be an inconvenience. I’m willing to make the change though.

I just mapped the two I saw in the DHCP log

So Monday at 5am , I will be printing out some parts. Has anything changed to work the poly printer. I’m not a router/IT person so make it real easy for me please

1 Like

The other pi will most definitely be hardwired and its mac address is dc:a6:32:91:69:30.

If possible can it be mapped to 121 or 138 for its ip address