NPO TOOLs, metal cutting and wood sanding

They make guards so it is difficult to shove your fingers into the shear. I worry more about someone trying to shear 10 gauge when it is only rated for 18 gauge sheet metal.

To add to yesterdays convo about rearranging, what would y’all think of moving the storage racks by the woodshop door over to the space under the sewing loft and put a table in that spot for folks using the CNC? We could possibly move the shark against that wall too.

1 Like

There are several cad files of the shop. We should use that to help rearrange. I think the shark should move. The large cnc should be moved a little closer to the wall also

Bump- we really need a metal drill press here

Metal drill press is on the list @dannym. Weren’t you the one that sent me the link for it in the meeting?

I should have the fundraiser up and published tomorrow. Still editing in draft mode right now.

Would love to add a panel handler cart to the list of woodshop upgrades!

2 Likes

Are you thinking specifically about maneuvering full sheets onto the CNC, or would it be useful for general-purpose stuff? I’m wondering if we should make our own so the heights line up…

Both. I’ve seen people have to get pretty creative to move plywood sheets into the space and then onto the saw. A cart would be super useful for both.

I saw a Gator Lift (or something similar) on the scrap cart last weekend. I like the idea of something with a very small footprint on the storage front if possible.

The fundraiser has kind of stalled out. We need help revitalizing it and getting donations in order to get any of these upgrades!

2 Likes