I have various power supplies that need repair, for free

As a side gig, I have been taking in Amazon returned power supplies and repairing them. Lately, I have gotten more in than I can repair, and simply haven’t had time to diagnose and repair the issues.

The most common issue are a dead 7915 regulator for the 30V supplies ( providing +15/-15V ) … the next most common issue is a dead bridge rectifier, or one of the diodes on the board…

Every once in a long while the issue is something less obvious, like a dead capacitor, or a dead voltage display board-- but that’s really been uncommon.

Point is, its a good learning tool to fix one of these bench power supplies, and once you’ve repaired them you have a pretty decent 3-digit LED constant current / constant voltage power supply that have capabilities ranging from: 30V5A, 30V10A, etc.

if you’re interested in getting one and trying your hand at repairing it I have the following supplies available:

̶̶ ̶3̶0̶V̶5̶A̶ ̶"̶D̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶E̶E̶/̶E̶E̶,̶ ̶0̶V̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶p̶u̶t̶"̶ ̶s̶k̶y̶t̶o̶p̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶T̶P̶3̶0̶0̶5̶ ̶(̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶$̶5̶6̶ ̶)̶
̶
̶ ̶3̶0̶V̶5̶A̶ ̶"̶D̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶"̶ ̶s̶k̶y̶t̶o̶p̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶T̶P̶3̶0̶0̶5̶ ̶(̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶$̶5̶6̶ ̶)̶

ALL POWER SUPPLIES HAVE BEEN GIVEN/GIFTED

With a little TLC, these supplies work well and are my “go-to” bench supplies for a number of projects.

1 Like

Hmm you have my interest, I think the Displayed EE/EE, 0V would be my speed

Id like the second one, that doesnt power on please. I think thatd make good content for my channel.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Can do! Will drop it off later this week at the makerspace with your name on it. You’re more than welcome to try repairing it.

Sure thing, Russell. I’ll drop it off at the makerspace later this week with your name on it.

Thanks for this!

1 Like

Yay, thanks much.

@martinbogo you’ll probably want to try to come during @lisa’s hours since you aren’t a member and don’t have facility access. She’s there today 12-6p, Friday 12-6p, and Saturday 11a-2p.

Also just want to note this discussion on Buy Nothing for Asmbly here. Notable piece being:

Russell and Randall are at the space often so I trust this will be a quick handoff that will not linger at the space long.

1 Like

I dont know if this would be an imposition on Lisa, so my apologies if it is, but she is of course welcome to leave it on my desk in my coworking space if the stars align.

Otherwise i will be around this weekend, we can set up a time.

1 Like

hey, haven’t forgotten about this … I don’t want to impose on the hackerspace… please get in contact with me via private message here and lets make arrangements to get these to each of you!