Help from electronics members on potential donation

Do we want to meet up at asmbly and drive together so Adrienne only needs to open the gate once?

1 or 1:30 works better for me than noon does.

Am I bringing the canopy and table or are we good in that regard? Weather is reporting scattered thunderstorms. I can be there about 1pm.

Sure. Meeting up at Asmbly at 1:00 or 1:30 works better for me as well. I’m the large dude with the chili pepper bucket hat.

Depending upon how much stuff there is, we may want to take at least 2 cars.

OK, shes only expecting three people - Mark, Randall, and Greg. Whoever ends up going please remember this is a person who lost a friend and is carrying out his final wishes. No discussion of whether items have worth or value to the space should occur at the pick up. Kindness, gratitude, and sensitivity around this person’s loss please.

ill probably be there before 1, but that sounds like a good time to meet up.

I found this thread too late.

I would be interested in seeing any unwanted items, if the folks who organized the pickup are open to that.

Alas for the stuff thrown out— I know several folks who would have taken it home, but we aren’t in the space because COVID.

ATXHS hosted a monthly retro computer club until the pandemic shut it down.

I have storage for “surplus electronics”, and I am an active user of 1980s technology, DIP, EPROM, wire wrap, 64-pin sockets, edge card sockets etc.

@eolson We should talk. I’ll send you a direct message.

Adrianne (the person going through her friend’s estate) said she has some items left that she is hoping to sell (like power tools, drill press, workbench, etc). She will be available to meet at the apartment again on Sunday afternoon if anyone has any interest. DM me if you are interested and want her contact info.

@buzmeg have you had a chance to make a determination on the stuff yet?

Is any help still desired organizing the electronics lab?

1 Like

I looked at stuff up in the loft area. The only thing I saw that might be of use was the laptop.

There were a couple of old ARM microcontroller development boards, but they’re going to pale in comparison to even the cheapest Raspberry Pi nowadays. I also saw an ancient ethernet switch and some sort of Power over Ethernet thing.

Everything else I saw up there other than the laptop should head for disposition unless it is directly applicable to repairing something in the space.

Was there anything else I needed to look at?

@mark999 I think I got some wires crossed. @valerie wanted me to look at stuff in the loft as well.

Which stuff do you want me to look at?

@buzmeg The tools and components from the apartment, so we can take care of whatever asmbly doesn’t desire.

1 Like

@buzmeg – I was simply reinforcing @mark999’s request. Mark and other’s curated a subset of items picked up from the donation that seemed worthy of keeping at the space. Those items were temporarily put in the loft where the sewing machine pending your review.

@Keiarra – we’d always love to see more collaboration in various areas of the space, especially from people who may be interested in teaching classes (:crossed_fingers::grin::crossed_fingers:). At some point, we would love to have electronics classes that teach soldering and some small Arduino/Pi projects.

It sounds like there may end up being some additional items up for grabs for members to take home from this recent donation, but we’ll wait for confirmation in this thread from @buzmeg and @mark999.

Oh! Sewing machine loft. Ooops. I’ll go take a look over there.

Sorry.

Heh yeah see the post I tagged you in here – After Workday Help #3 Clean & prep craft loft - #6 by valerie

I went through the stuff up in the sewing loft and I didn’t see anything like soldering irons, DMMs, or any equipment that would be useful. Just a lot of random-ish spare parts.

There were some random RPi2s, but I we’re not going to have any use for those even if we’re teaching a class in the future.

My recommendation is to disposition everything electronics that is up there.

@eolson @Keiarra we are moving the stuff to a table in the lobby, feel free to take whatever looks useful. We will dispose of anything left in a few days.

1 Like

Hi—I picked out a box of stuff , from the pile with the big 6-wheel robot. I hope that was the right pile to take from , not somebody’s keeper pile? (If so I’ll bring it back.)

I love sorting, inventorying and binning. I can provide value out of this pile for anyone’s future needs, as well as store it in my shed at home.

The most likely is the dozen or so Arduinos in there, and lots of sensors.
I left those there today, but I’d be happy to store them. until there is an Arduino class. (You might even get me to volunteer.)

My shed has ample storage yet for sorted and binned electronics (it’s repurposed from the former owner’s painting business! Dozens of paint-can size cubicles.)

1 Like

Yes, that’s the right stuff. Thanks!