Can anyone think of a better way to bend this aluminum beam back into shape?

There is a duck bill spreader in the kit that I think would work great for this purpose.

1 Like

that would be super helpful!

I’m meeting someone tomorrow at 2pm at the space. I also have a class on Sunday from 9 till 12. Let me know if those times work for you? The box is pretty chunky since it a full set. The box is a bit rusty.

tomorrow at 2 is great, thanks!

1 Like

See you then. I’ll be wearing overalls

4 Likes

^^^ Fact! Joe’s signature look.

5 Likes

:laughing: :rofl: :joy:Truth

2 Likes

omw over now, should be about 15 min

1 Like

We’re you able to unbend the metal?

1 Like

You know what I was able to do? Screw up another part of the roof while trying to un-screw-up the bent part. :sob: :sob: :sob: idk, man. I even tried a blowtorch to soften up the part I was trying to fix. Unless you have a better idea I think I am just going to grind the bad part of the roof off, maybe bolt a beam onto the bottom of the frame to keep it in shape and put a new front face on it, and just get your hydraulics back to you in the meantime. What do you think?

1 Like

I’m not in a rush. Just curious. Is the metal not bending with the hydraulics? I can come take a look this Sat?

1 Like

it sort of is, and sort of isn’t. it’s not really clear to me how to get things held in place as needed in order to make sure it bends correctly. that is a super generous offer I would love to take you up on and probably will provided my waitlist ticket for ACL on Saturday doesn’t go through :slight_smile: I’ll text.