Aquaponics Updates

They appear to be overfed, there’s a bunch of uneaten pellets floating and sunk.
Is it adjusted for the population? There’s just 2 adults, a smaller one, and some fry

The feeder is set to its smallest feeding amount and smallest frequency of feeding.

Only way to feed less is to get a new feeder or feed manually.

If somebody could scoop up the uneaten food itd be appreciated.

@Tookys @EricP there is another dead fish floating in the tank :frowning:

thanks for letting me know
ill take care of it tomorrow mid morning

Thank you for taking care of that.

Sorry to say the system is still struggling to function. Ive started school this week and am unable to obligate more time to the system than i already have.

Im still needing volunteers to help maintain the system. For the most part just somebody to check on it once a week would be a big help.

And if a couple people know how to fix common issues itd help save me a 4 hour trip.

Sadly if i cant get more volunteers and i cant get the system to calm down i will have to decomission the system.

If anybody can help just check if its working on a regular basis or help with minor maintenance please let me know.

Some of the more basic things that helps most of the problems is:
1-make sure you hear water splashing in the fish tank.
-If you dont hear splashing the bumps may not be running

2- make sure the lights on the 2 mounted power strips are on.
-if the lights are out on the power strips its likely one of the gfci outlets has tripped and will need to be reset.

No problem,
Just having a 1 page laminated sheet that’s taped to the system of the above things with pictures of what to check etc. would get more people to check on it. They can probably do it in the Facility safety tour if its laid out like I suggested above.

2 Likes

Hi! I led the hydroponics group in my old makerspace home in San Francisco. Happy to assist.

1 Like

Cool any help is appreciated.

Ive been trying to make my monthoy visits on the 1st saturday of the month around 3:30 pm if anybody would like to meet to go over what all TLC the system needs let me know.

Somebody has been doing maintenance on the aquaponics system.

The assistance is appreciated, but i need to be informed of whats being done and by who.

Everything seems to be fine, just need to be kept in the loop.

I was keeping my water dechlorinator and 100ft of steel link garden hose in the loft area that has sense been torn down.

Does anybody know where it is? I need it to add water to the system.

I believe the hose is in the autobay

I haven’t been doing maintenance but a few weeks ago I did notice that the automatic food shooter was landing on a piece of tarp and food was collecting in a big pile and not making it into the tank. I moved the black plastic tarp so that food can get in the tank.

1 Like