When is the next CNC Training?

Hi @dannym, I just finished the new member orientation and was wondering when the next CNC training would be (v-carve training and equipment use). I’d love to add my name to the next training dates. Thanks in advance!

Thanks @wynd & @kye for your time during the orientation zoom.

• Jeff Mangels
1 Like

OK you’re on the list

1 Like

Thanks, Danny, can you confirm for Jeff and others who find this thread which dates you’ll be teaching the next CNC classes? We are going to input into Neon also, so the classes will be searchable there – so the next 2 class dates you’re planning to teach would be best to know so people can start to sign up through Neon!
Best wishes from
Kye

When is the next vcarve set of courses? I missed the one on the 6th. How will we be notified of time cost etc?

1 Like

Hey, John! we’re inputting these upcoming classes into our Neon system this week – so costs and dates will be clear and searchable through the end of November. @valerie and @wdnatx are working on it this week, and all teachers are sending in their dates, class sizes and prices. We’ll put an update on the list as soon as that’s rolling (should be by the end of the weekend).
Thank you,
Kye

1 Like

Good morning @kye!
Just checking in on upcoming classes. I see the orientation classes in Neon but nothing on the CNC classes. Any updates?

Thanks!

@j7v3m did you get the message about the last 2 classes? I messaged you with all the signup info to make sure.

@dannym - I did not. I hope I didn’t miss them.

Bump, no confirmation yet on date/time or how much $$ per class?

I received some but not all info needed to put the next CNC classes in Neon about 12 hours ago, so it’s not in quite yet. Waiting for info back on specifics for part 1 and 2 of this class. I hesitate to give any specifics when there are unanswered questions that might affect the schedule, but the dates I was given were for next Wed and Thurs eve. If I get an update before someone else in this thread provides one, I’ll be sure to update here and include registration links.

Thanks all for patience here! We’re working hard to get a more regular schedule for this class with further advance notice of the class schedule.

Also FYI I moved this topic to Space Teams > CNC for increased visibility by all the CNC interested folks

1 Like

Would be interested in the CNC classes, dont see them on neon right now.

1 Like

Also really interested in a CNC class and V-Carve. Is there a list anyone to sign up or when it will be held?

Thanks!
Blake

1 Like

POST EDITED – This week’s events are not ready in Neon yet. More info in comments further below.

We have sign-up posted for Weds night’s class here:
<link_removed>
and Thursday night’s class here:
<link_removed>
I don’t yet have the Zoom link from Danny, but I’ll include it when I receive it from him.
You can register at these links above.

They are intended as a two-part course. Part I does include V-carve, but that is not the sole focus. We cover everything we can that does not specifically require being in-person to minimize contact.

@dannym, @kye - It’s not allowing me to register for the Wednesday night Zoom course but I was able to register for the Thursday night in-person training.

I get an error that says, “You do not have permission to view this registration form.” when I try to register for Wednesday night…

I’m having the same issue. Thanks!

Hey guys, sorry but I think these events got added into Neon a bit premature before some kinks were sorted out. I think with this event so close to occurring it would probably be best to use the old system.

I’m looking through the spreadsheet and this thread and will reply again shortly.

@valerie Please use the old spreadsheet because I have been on there for almost 2 weeks waiting. Appreciate it.

1 Like

This is the only spreadsheet I have, is that the one you are thinking of @Tito? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_pqobxxx61rLtz1s-p-Q8Uk7o6symPa8D9KVlVSjbI4/edit?usp=sharing

I had been getting quick responses from @dannym two hours ago when I started working on this and then the responses dropped off. I am not clear from Danny on whether he is still teaching this week or wanting to reschedule to next week.

It may help Danny decide if people can chime in here whether they would be able to make it this week. I’ll make a quick poll to make it very simple. There are two parts to this class, so there will be two polls here, however both sessions would be taught in the same week. We will follow the waitlist in the Googlesheet in terms of who makes it in for this session.

Can you attend CNC training part 1 - Vcarve this Wednesday (6:30-8:30 online via Zoom)?

• Yes, please have this class!
  • No, but I can attend at the same time next week

0 voters

Can you attend CNC training part 2 - Practicum this Thursday (6:30-8:30 in-person machine training)?

• Yes, please have this class!
  • No, but I can attend at the same time next week

0 voters