Tarkin Repair Completed (April 19)

Air assist compressor is popping the breaker

@J-LoM - wanted to make sure you saw this

2 Likes

Also @Ryanpearson @JCicolani and @DannyADL

2 Likes

Thanks, @stepho

@dannym How’s the prognosis looking for repair?

We’ll get another compressor in there today

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!

@dannym I still can’t cut 6mm baltic birch on Tarkin. Air Assist seems fine, but I think power may be more reduced than you had hoped. I went all the way down to 4mm/s feed rate at 100% power and it only partially cut through – and made a char of my ply at that slow speed.

Dorian can cut the same ply at 10mm/s at the moment.

Tarkin cut 3mm baltic birch at ~20mm/s speed, but even that was a bit iffy.

If you are still available to take another look at Tarkin, I’d really appreciate it since I had planned to cut a large amount of 6mm tonight and someone else has Dorian booked in an hour.

1 Like

I updated the thread title here to represent the latest status as I understand it. As of late last night, Tarkin was operating but at much reduced power. It might be able to cut ideal 1/4" / 6mm baltic birch. Fine with 3mm and such, as well as basic surface vector/raster runs.

I’m not 100% sure if anything else has changed since then today.

@dannym Any updates or further thoughts to add, please?

Best to just keep it red-tagged for now. I see what I need to do but I’m seriously overwhelmed right now. I can’t do it today.

Bummer, but thanks for the status update. I changed this thread title again to reflect that.

2 Likes

FYI @Jalen since I see you have it booked later tonight and I’m guessing you might have made that booking thinking it was fixed.

2 Likes

Is this an issue someone can look at for you @dannym?

1 Like

Will be red-tagged the rest of today. ETA for repairs is Sunday.

Power issues resolved, but still red-tagged due to a coolant leak.

@nightinlight @jordanmboudreau

I’m new and unfamiliar with this platform… but I do have Tarkin reserved for later this evening… is it still redtagged?

Yes it is. It needs to be red-tagged one more day.

It’s fixed and performing really well, but I didn’t have time to fully test it

1 Like

@Felipeg101 @Caroline @JessKFenton

3 Likes

@rking

1 Like

@dannym - please post again tonight if it’s going to remain down tomorrow. @rking has a spot scheduled early tomorrow morning, so useful to know status before they head out

1 Like