(SOLD) Anybody need some great laser-ready plywood?

(mods feel free to nuke if I’m not allowed to offer this up-- seems like a good deal for fellow assmbly-ers, but I’m fine if that’s not okay for the forums)

Hey laser folk! It turns out that I am moving away Austin at the end of the month and have a bunch of plywood that I won’t be able to use. I’d love to sell it-- am thinking 33% of whatever I paid for it-- $95! (that’s retail price of this stuff from Fire Plywood and Hardwood divided by 3 and rounded down). I’m at 206-397-6022 if anyone wants to call/text.

Here’s what I have (I will only sell it as a group-- not selling individual pieces to individual peeps, sorry)… The biggest find is 10 24x48" sheets of 1/4" baltic birch, but there’s some other great stuff too.

1/2" baltic birch ply:
1 30" x 60"
1 12" x 60"

1/4" baltic birch ply:
10 24"x48"
1 15" x 48"

1/4" walnut faced plywood:
3 24" x 48"
1 24" 40"

1/4" sapele-faced plywood:
1 24x40"

I also have some great (non-laserable?) 7/8" thick sapele wood if anyone wants to talk about that.

1 Like

Can I claim the 30x60 half inch for a project for the shop?

Just updated to post a touch-- I’ll only sell the whole stack-- not going to sell individual pieces to individual peeps… Sorry, I wish I could but I have a pretty crazy few weeks before I leave town. :slight_smile:

Whats the price?

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification

I figured someone would ask that! :slight_smile:

I updated the post but-- retail price of this as of a phone call 10 minutes ago is $320. I’ll sell it all for $95. The majority of the value is in those 10 24x48 1/4" baltic birch pieces.

I’ll take it!

Dang sorry. Misread. I need 1/8” only

How much of the sapele do you have?

7/8" sapele sounds laserable on Tarkin!

Mayyybe. I did some experiments with a chunk of sapele that was ~1.3” thick and only managed to cut through about 50% of that thickness. In fact, the center ignited into a pretty nasty ember.

While sapele isn’t as oily and resinous as some other woods, it is very dense and apparently doesn’t burn quite cleanly enough for thick cuts.

That said, it definitely etches quite nicely.

1 Like