Show and tell, pet edition

Ok folks. Let’s share pictures of the animals in our lives. I have 2 pets - Archie who is an 11 year old mini poodle, and The Stig who is a 13 year old leopard tortoise

Archie

The Stig

7 Likes

Brown one is Tia and the Black and white one is Yuli. Both are rescue dogs.

8 Likes

Named Sana by her original owner, but if a pet’s actual name is whatever we call them most, then her real name is “Hey You”.

9 Likes

Aw @mgmoore i love your cat from here!

This is Laika, named after the first dog in space (the first anything in space, really) and Apollo (named after Apollo 11, the space mission that brought humans to the moon) and our first pet Tegan lol

8 Likes

Milo. (Except when I come to bed. Then he’s a demon from the deepest pit of Hell.)

5 Likes

:joy::joy: funny

These are our 2 fur babies.

Bobo is a rescue and 14 years old now. Every year we take him to the vet, they tell us it’ll be his last visit. At this point I think he’s stull kicking along just to spite them.

Anya is our younger baby. She just turned 2 and is always a bundle of energy.

8 Likes

Are those Chihuahua Pomeranians?

I’m living vicariously through this post and looking forward to having a fur baby again some day! Thanks for threading this @stepho!!

Just Poms

Frankenstein, our 2 month old ball of fuzz and needles

6 Likes

Mr. Murray, aka Sir FartDoodle the First

7 Likes

My two Shih Tzu’s; Samurai on the left and Kamea on the right. Both are full coat and bring so much joy to my wife & my life.

4 Likes

Here is our dog Rio. Our buddy rescued him from his family in east texas (chained to a chicken coop and left outside for his first year and a half) and we absolutely love his aggressive cuddling style.

7 Likes

I have a garden where I cultivate water lilies and lotus along with many other native plant species. I also introduce native fauna and something that has done really well are Leopard frogs. They calm down quite a bit in a domestic situation (captivity) and will let me get close enough for a good photo. In fact I’ve been startled when I finally noticed one that has been watching me from 3 feet away as I go about my gardening activity. Their call is so loud I sometimes worry about disturbing the neighbors. They are all named Froggo.

This spring I’ve been rescuing tadpoles from Barton Creek that are trapped in small pools. Without rain things will dry up and these guys will not survive. Even in my neighborhood they’ll have to deal with racoons and outdoor cats. Any other pond people here?

3 Likes