[Resolved] Big cnc red tagged

This morning I went to run a few cuts on the swift, and the hand controller crashed on me, so I reset the machine and then noticed the z will not plunge all the way to zero out

When I wanted the machine to move to home or his origin, the controller would freeze again.

If I started it up again and didn’t home, I could move the spindle around but still not plunge z, and then noticed all the soft stops on every motor were not working. When they get to the end they slam hard and skip.

The inverter also displays 0 as the speed.

Ultimately I moved over to the iq to take care of most of it, but I could not figure out what was happening on the controller and didn’t want to actually break anything

1 Like

Thanks for reporting.

1 Like

Update. Some genuinely weird stuff happened here. Forward steps have been made, but it will remain red tagged for now

1 Like

Hi. The small cnc controller will not read usb drives - “no files found” pops up. Tried rebooting but no luck.

What size usb drive are you using? The controllers dont like anything above 8gb.

8 GB. Tried the ones in the box and by the computer. The controller won’t read them either.

CNC goblins seem very active these past two days.

The Swift is back on line. The controller seemed to suffer from a file corruption and revert back to factory settings. The correct parameters have been reloaded and the machine is functioning as expected.

4 Likes