Red Laser not cutting through

It has EOT error so it is not working. I am not sure if someone was running it with the air off and at 100 speed, but that was the settings that pulled up when I started to try my first print this morning.

Iā€™ll be by to take a look. I could not reproduce the error last night, per se

I am sadly unable to attend tonightā€™s Red Laser class tonight with Bryan. Perhaps someone is able to take my spot that is on the waitlist. I hope the red laser is working by tonight.
Does anyone also know the process if I could move my registration to the following Red laser class?

Hey Ashley,

We got your email about tonightā€™s class, weā€™ll follow up there in the email thread. There isnā€™t anyone waitlisted for this class, but if someone wants the spot please mention here ASAP.

-Valerie

I talked with Danny last night before the laser class and we will need to change our sign that says max Raster speed 80% to something lower. We were able to cut some pieces out during the class and I have not had a problem this morning. I had my speed set at 80% on the last piece where it was saying EOT. I am only doing 40% today, but if the error comes up for you try lowering your speed and power if need be. I was etching leather and I would just do multiple passes if I was working on the same thing today. I am just making some spring decorations today so no leather just wood and no problems.

1 Like

Is this a permanent restriction, or just a temporary workaround until further maintenance or analysis is done?

Good question. With it being two variables I think the safest thing would be to say do not raster above 70% or put a new sign up that says raster above 70% at your own risk. I was doing it because my material could not handle heat in one spot for too long. The other solution besides going faster is less heat with possible multiple passes. The EOT error will not let you resume your print only restart, which makes it very hard to salvage a piece that you are working on. I believe it should be able to be fixed, because it was not a problem before, but I donā€™t know what it would cost or how to do it. Since restricting speed does not mean you can not accomplish the same end goals I say just restrict speed or at least encourage slower speeds.

I only use the Red laser to vector cut wood and acrylic at power 95/speed 2. Is the laser working for these settings? I need to cut materials but donā€™t want to drive up north if the laser isnā€™t working for these settings, I live way down South. THANKS

Thatā€™s just temp workaround. I havenā€™t even been able to recreate the prob yet, then we should be able to fix.

The manual does say to keep rastering speeds under, I think, 70%. But probably thatā€™s an image quality issue. Thereā€™s not a lot of reason to be running the head faster, but the software does allow you to enter higher % speeds.

Today the laser is EOT on every setting I never went above 70% and at different times in various prints I have done before as well. The power setting also had to be turned up a lot to get any image when it was working. Also the trash can is full and it was emptied by me yesterday so I imagine it was working yesterday.

Yep was working fine all yesterday.

I need to see a piece where it did this. I need to see the last thing it did, it should help tell me what the prob is.

Alright I was able to reproduce this. Iā€™m working to narrow it down, I see where itā€™s coming from. The motion controller doesnā€™t get loaded with the wrong parameters, so thereā€™s no point in pulling power from the wall.

Iā€™d recommend not rastering on Red until I get this resolved. Vector is fine. Well, it can raster, but itā€™s going to throw the error while rastering >15% speed so thatā€™s probably not helpful.

I need to bring in some testing equipment I didnā€™t have, Iā€™ll be back and will get an answer soon.

1 Like

Probably not useful information at this point, but I was in last night (probably before @dannym looked at Red) and it was cutting acrylic normally.

I do a very small amount of rastering at 30-50% (for about a minute or less) and I did not have any errors.

However, while weā€™re talking rastering - For the past couple months, the cable harness on the top gantry has been smacking against the glass on the underside of the machine lid while rastering - this may be causing some additional wear and tear? (def leaving marks on the inside glass)

Not sure if thereā€™s anything that can be done about that, but wanted to mention it.

Yeah I know about the cable drag cover, I was thinking it may actually be better to leave the cover off but probably not. Iā€™ll put the cover back on later

Raster EOT prob looks fixed good to go

1 Like

The laser is still not cutting through my 1/4" birch. I am having to run the job at least twice and the job takes 30 minutes. There are 2 large pieces in the trash box that have the same problem so I know it canā€™t just be me. Can we call for maintenance?

Yes, Iā€™m addressing that, itā€™s a separate concern.

Great, thanks. I did 3 rounds on this design, I wasnā€™t paying attention to what area was cutting properly, though.

EOT at 14% raster.

Darn it. Iā€™m getting the replacement part, what was there held up fine in every test I did the other night. Iā€™ll see if I can get whatā€™s there to sit reliably