Pearl Laser Focus Gauge Missing

I was in Monday to use Pearl.

The Laser Focus gauge was no where to be found. I looked in the provided storage locations in PEARL and in BLUE. Then I looked on the tables, a quick check in the cabinet. The Focus Gauge was not found on Monday night. I will look again tonight.

1 Like

Hmm, troubling. We do need that!

1 Like

It was there yesterday.

1 Like

Yep I found it under the leg of the machine. We really need a second one as blue uses that one as well

1 Like

We’re actually not putting in its little hole because sometimes the vibration is “just right” and it pops up out of its hole and jams the gantry. It needs a new, obvious home.

It’s pretty rare, the machine doesn’t vibrate much, it has to hit a resonance to make it come out like that but it definitely happens.

1 Like

@dannym I wouldn’t call it rare. It happened to me repeatedly in one session a while back. My MO now is to put it on the desk when I’m using the laser, then put it back in the laser afterwards. Seems like a reasonable practice for the time being. We do need some lasercut storage items to be made for things that are taking up space on the desks – calipers, workflow manuals, etc.

1 Like