Metal Shop Area Lead

Hello everyone. Most of the regulars know this already, but I never got around to announcing this for everyone else: at the beginning of December I accepted Charlie’s request to become the area lead (aka Chief Steward) of the Metal Shop. This was a natural evolution from all the organizing I did while working on the new electrical runs in the metal shop back in October, following the big reorganization that began at the August work day.

There’s been a lot going on in the metal shop, and we have a number of new tools, new procedures, and new policies that we are putting into place. Rather than make a huge post that will either be overlooked or be overwhelming, I intend to posts things individually, spread out over the next few weeks. These will all also be collected within a new Metal Shop Policies and Procedures document that I will post soon on the wiki.

Hopefully those posts will make everything clear, but I always welcome questions and feedback about the metal shop.

11 Likes

Thank you for your hard work, Ethan.

-Wolf

3 Likes

First of the promised announcements: https://yo.asmbly.org/t/new-metal-shop-policy-face-shields/

2 Likes