Low Volume Manufacturing Meetup - April

This month our virtual meetup will be a round table discussion. We’re inviting any and all folks to bring topics to discuss which you are currently dealing with in your manufacturing. Be it shipping, supply shortages, advertising, or anything else.

We haven’t set a date/time yet but it will be an evening next week (April 26th-29th). I’m going to propose the Tuesday the 27th from 6:30 - 7:30!

We’ll briefly do introductions and then the majority of the hour will be spent discussing your issues. Please post your topic here so we can come prepared!

2 Likes

Keep me and/or @wynd in the loop on the date when y’all decide and we’ll get it scheduled!

2 Likes

Cool.

I am a manufacturing engineer with invention ideas that I would like to manufacture.

1 Like

@makers that’s great! It would be awesome if you are able attend to get your professional insight during the roundtable session.

Tuesday 4/27 6:30 is good for me. I’ll be testing out a new batch production process on the CNC this weekend, so I can share with the group what worked / what didn’t work.

1 Like

Have we decided on the time for this. I know there is a New member Zoom tomorrow, so if need be, I could host the meeting from my account.

Are we still meeting? I can’t find a zoom link.

I haven’t heard anything

Hey,

Sorry guys! I had a bunch going on today and the meetup slipped my mind. Is there another time that works for y’all this week? Otherwise, we could try to reschedule for a week from today.

Next week is good for me.

I am interested.

Let’s make it happen

Lets!!

How does 6-7 tonight work for everyone?!

1 Like

Tonight works for me.

Can we do 6:30?

@jamesfreeman I’ll get it started at 6 and if you have to jump in late it shouldn’t be a problem since we’re just doing round table style tonight. I’ll need to drop at 7 but if folks want to stay on later I think that shouldn’t be a problem.

@valerie could we use the Webex for tonight starting at 6?

For everyone else, I will make sure there is a meeting link posted in this thread by 6 pm

@Joshcross yes that’s fine since we don’t have an orientation tonight (normally it isn’t available on Tuesdays). I’m AFK for the next few hours, but I have shared the login with you and @Mollie so you should be able to get in and create a meeting.

Thanks, Valerie! Meeting info below!

ASMBLY is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Low Volume Manufacturing Meetup
Time: May 4, 2021 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 889 3801 3553
Passcode: lv123
One tap mobile
+13462487799,88938013553#,*187151# US (Houston)
+16699009128,88938013553#,*187151# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 889 3801 3553
Passcode: 187151
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdRaXZdWd5

1 Like

Thanks to all who joined last night! I felt like we all got a lot out of it and were able to workshop some of the issues we’re facing. I set the meeting to record but not sure where it has ended up. I will dig more if anyone really wants to see it, otherwise I’ll just let it live in the digital abyss.

A few of the topics that were discussed:

scaling up production of a children’s play ladder by doing all of the cuts on the CNC
how to price out bespoke furniture in an efficient and accurate way
putting together a proposal for a photo booth setup at the space
anodizing metal for clock hands

We’ll host another meetup at the end of this month or early next month. If you have a topic or suggestion for that meeting reach out to myself, Mollie, or post in this thread. In the meantime, keep grinding away so we can all cheers to our successes at the next meetup!!!

1 Like