Unfortunately, Lisa decided the Membership Coordinator role was not a good fit for her and we are now hiring again for this position. If you are interested or know someone who might be, please use this application form here. There are more details in the application, but below is a quick rundown on what the position entails.
Membership Coordinator is a paid part-time contractor position at Asmbly which is a volunteer-run nonprofit organization. Volunteer work is not required, requested, or expected. Primarily responsibilities are assisting new members in the onboarding process, helping existing members with our systems, and responding to email inquiries. This person will also occasionally teach Woodshop Safety classes in 1:1 onboarding sessions using an established curriculum. Additional projects like helping update signage around the space may also be requested (these would be things the MC and Asmbly would both need to agree on).
The broad strokes:
- 1099 contractor
- $20/hr, 15-20 hrs per week
- Paid training
- Self-set schedule spread across 3+ days with at least 1 weekend day
- Free membership at Asmbly with up to 36 hours of booking time per week
- Free classes (max 2 per month)
- Free 2’x2’ storage
Who Would be a Good Fit
This role is perfect for creatives who want to learn more trades. It’s an especially great opportunity for someone who is looking to build a career making. The benefits of the position can support creative endeavors outside the role and allow the person to get immersed and inspired in the maker world.
We need someone who is:
- Comfortable managing their own time and establishing their schedule
- Friendly and interested in helping members
- Understanding of the flexible nature of the space – things are often in flux/in progress
- Willing to work with us to navigate any road bumps as they arise – with this being a new position and Asmbly being a young organization, things are bound to come up that we’ll need to work together to adjust. This person will be working with a team of committed volunteer leaders who genuinely want to make the space and experience as awesome as possible. We’ll need active collaboration from our MC to achieve that.