Fall Project Share

It’s been a little while since the last project share and, given what I’ve seen in the shop over the past few months, I know there are some interesting things being worked on.

Let’s see it!

(Copy and paste this :ballot_box_with_check: emoji at the end of your post if you’re alright with it being shared on the Asmbly instagram/facebook- I help manage the social accounts and am always on the lookout for fresh member project content.)

2 Likes

I’ll go first- I’ve mostly been in cutting board land, making gifts for a friend’s wedding and getting a headstart on Christmas. After doing several pieces of furniture over the summer I thought this was going to be a walk in the park but I was quickly humbled by slight off angles and stubborn end grain. Fun to see each one improve.

Maple and walnut:

Maple and mahogany:

Flattening two for one:

:ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes

Mike, Thanks for asking - I knocked out three custom orders lately. The first is a pecan bench as a housewarming gift for my son, Sean, up in Seattle. The other is a “beetle kill pine” TV console table and bookcase commissioned by a friend in CO. Finally, I made a set of the beetle kill pine stools for taking off boots at our ski house. I appreciate you all looking! Steve

2 Likes

Nice work @LivingOnTheEdgeKupec ! Love how the natural wood character comes through in all the pieces.

Of late I’ve been painting flowers and joints.

:white_check_mark:

2 Likes