Dust collection down

The dust collection system is back up. It uses the same remote as the cnc router. I forgot to check which blast gate we should leave open. I assume the table saw. Someone please check that.

After playing with the one that is down. I realize we should have not frankensteined it and gotten a 220v model. I have the luxury of hindsight.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity what is the model of the “new collector.” I am new to the space and will primarily use the woodshop. I am not sure how shop upgrades are discussed and paid for but Id love to help (donate money and time) to an upgrade. A nice 3-5 hp Cyclone would be :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: If something is already on order great, if not let me know what I can do to help.

1 Like

The new collector is a T-Flux 5. We ordered it along with the new laser in November and have been trying to limp the old one along until the new one comes in. We were given an ETA of mid-January at the time; we asked about shipping updates this week and haven’t heard back yet.

Should the drum sander be connected? Looks like the pipe is off.

It should be, if it isn’t. yesterday the drum sander line got borrowed for the table saw, but Joe put in a second collector for the table and miter saws. the sander line can go back on the sander.

I’ll be in this afternoon and will check it out

1 Like

We should still totally build the Harvey horizontal dust separator clone anyways.

The one thing that the DIY guy, and the original Harvey for that matter, didn’t take advantage of- and it baffles me- is that the steel impellers aren’t all that efficient. By placing the air mover after the separator, and a screen to guarantee a fault condition won’t feed debris into it, then it no longer has to be that type of debris-tolerant impeller which isn’t an optimum type for moving air. The air should be pretty clean by that point.

1 Like

Thank you!

Bad A$$ I stoked for this and will totally help set it up and run ducting.

3 Likes