A reminder to clean up after yourself

I don’t know about everyone else, but I personally am not a fan of picking up other peoples messes. Remember, this is a community environment, it doesn’t work unless people do their part. Doesn’t matter if you’re here for 30 minutes or 3 hours, clean up your mess before you leave so others don’t have to pick up your slack. That being said, we all make mistakes and can be forgetful. Just a reminder to try to leave it cleaner than you found it.

5 Likes

Agreed, this is a community space and we all need to do our part.

And if you come across a piece of equipment that hasn’t been cleaned properly, even if there was more mess than you made there already still clean up.

The policy of “Leave it better than you find it” should be in place for all equipment in the space.

And like stated earlier mistakes happen we get forgetful sometimes, its fine. But if somebody is found to habitually not clean up after themselves. Something should be done about that.

3 Likes

Agreed. If people aren’t held responsible then this issue will never be fixed. Also, while I’m specifically mentioning this mess of a drill press that had scraps, tools, and a pile of dust surrounding it, I’m also talking to whoever was cutting purple foam and what looks like yellowheart on the bandsaw, you left a huge mess as well that I cleaned up. Be mindful of others and the workspace, it takes virtually no effort.

1 Like

It’s a matter of keeping the entire space cleaner. The dust settles everywhere. Examples are underneath the outfeed table on the table saw, between the table saw and the miter saw, perimiter of the CNC. Even if you clean your immediate work area, areas like that tend to be ignored. Think about adding a 5 or 10 foot radius to your sweeping. If you use one bandsaw, clean up 2 bandsaws. It’s everyone’s workspace and there are no janitors.

3 Likes